How To Use
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
NOTES - Bluesky Gel Nail Polish must be cured using a UV lamp or LED lamp (LED usually takes half the time to cure). It will not apply or last properly without this. It should also always be used with a base and top coat for full effect, and wiped with your prefered alchohol cleaner and lint free cloth.
Nails must be totally clean and free of any other polish. Take care to have clean, washed, and ideally buffed nails. Consider using a dehydrator such as Bond-AId. Biggest casue of failure is nails with oil, dirt, or residues on them.
Cure fully between coats - lamps have differing strengths and performance and bulbs wear out. This process takes patience, trial and error, and above all, practice!
Gel Polishes are thicker than standard nail polishes, apply using light, thin , multiple strokes rather than one thick pass. Get accustomed to the consistencies of each type - glitters are much thicker for example.
- File nails into desired shape and gently push back cuticle. Ensure there are no rough edges to your nails.
- Clean nails well, then apply Base Gel, coating the tip of the nail also, and cure for 2 mins with a UV Lamp according to the manufacturers instructions (approx 1 minute using an LED lamp). Each layer leaves a sticky residue; do not remove until the final step.
- Apply 1st layer of colour (coating tip also) and cure with lamp.
- Apply 2nd Layer of colour (coating tip also) and cure with lamp.
- Apply Top Coat (coating tip also) and cure with lamp.
- Wipe each nail with alcohol or Bluesky nail wipes to remove sticky film.
- Enjoy amazing nails for 14 days!
Simply wet some cotton wool with acetone, and place it over the nail. Wrap the top of your finger in tin foil to keep the cotton wool in contact with your nail for around 10 minutes - too short and the gel will not lift, too long and it will restick to the nail! It should easily peel away, and you can remove any excess with a wooden cuticle stick.